Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Noah and Jason are Reading

Winnie the Pooh

This is Noah's first actual book that we've read to Noah that is not really a picture book. I am actually surprised at how interested he is in this book. He'll pay attention for about half a chapter at a time.

This is the actual first Winnie the Pooh book, however I'm sad because I've looked through the whole book already and can't find any evidence of Tigger. Noah refers to this book as the "Tigger and Pooh" book so I'm not sure how to break it to him that there is no Tigger. He keeps refering to Winnie as Tigger and Pooh, but I know he knows the difference. It's weird though because Rabbit, Eoyor (sp??), Kanga and Roo are in later chapters, but no Tigger. Maybe you literary nuts out there can school me on when Tigger actually came into the equation.

The big saving grace to this book is that there is a small illustration on every page so it helps keep his attention too.

I hope this begins a lifelong journey of reading.

We're reading to Kat now too, but she is pretty hard to read to b/c she likes to grab the book and put it in her mouth. She is visicous right now if you try to take something from her hand she holds on for dear life.

No comments: